Mind the gap!

 














My last post on this platform was when Minnie was 9, so, despite my inadequate mental arithmetic skills, that was 8 years ago. I now have a 9 year old, a 17 year old and a 19 year old 😲

The boy & our cousin & nephew when they were littler!


What have we been up to in 8 years? The part-time nanny arrived, life relaxed sufficiently for Will and I to want to complicate the heck out of it again so we opened a coffee shop. We ploughed every bean we had into it, couldn't fill the oil tank that winter because we were on our uppers yet we were immensely happy and the business hit the ground running.  We converted the cottage next door from a very salubrious flying freehold mess, into a delightful and perfectly formed cottage and separated the previously attached shop and flat from it. Got evicted by our then landlord from our home - so much for the gentleman's agreement. Found a new home, cobbled together a mortgage, bought a wreck, it flooded, we completely renovated it as well as running the business. 

Fast forward 5 very hard, but rewarding years and we sold the business, the cottage, and the property. Breathe?? No, not yet!! Will went and rowed the Atlantic in 39 days, I went stir crazy, lost my way, grieved the loss of my beautiful shop (memory has a way of rose tinting the 14 hour days). Desperately trying to find my groove I came across Weleda. I had used their products when suffering terribly with hands that wouldn't heal until I found their almond hand cream. Now Breathe 😊

I realised that I missed being able to make people happy. Weleda gave me this opportunity. To bring love and spread joy, to lead them back to balance and in turn be happier. 💚 

I hope you'll hop along with me for the ride, there may be bumps in the road ahead, but if we are all together we will hold on to you tight and you won't fall 💞

Love and cake to you all 

Comments